[Harp-L] harp/vocal mic

I recently bought an Audix fireball VC (the newer one, with the volume knob) thinking that I`d use it solely for harp. This week i tried it on a stand, playing harp AND singing into it. The setting was a small restaraunt, where I play Blues with a 4 piece band (drums, acoustic upright bass and guitar), where we play at a MODERATE volume, so I enjoy playing off-mic, SBW 2 -style. The mic sounded really good for both harp and vocals in this context - and when I cupped it it sounded good too. the only reservation I have is that it seems to be very directional - when I sang even slightly off to the side of the mic, it did`nt pick up anything, you have to sing right in front of it (as opposed to a shure sm58, for example). Still, this mic might be what you`re looking for.
  Hammer
  www.dovhammer.com

 Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.