Re: [Harp-L] RE: Real creativity / Rod Piazza

> I've read that Muddy Waters used to demand of his harps players that
> they reproduce in live performance the already-familiar solos (usually
> Little Walter's) from his records.
---I've  read that some of Duke Ellington's sidemen  would reproduce the
same solos...and I've also read that Louis Armstrong's famous cadenza from
"West End Blues" was not totally an improvisation. It would seem that
there are a number of approaches to "being in the moment."
WVa Bob