To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 1:03 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] 12-hole Diatonics

What options does one have for a 12-hole diatonic other than the
Marine 364? I seem to be in a mode of shrinkage... That is, I've played the Steve
Baker Specials for about two years, roughly since the time I found out
they existed. But lately, I like the little third (third position? Like when you
play in a minor on a diatonic g? That's third, right?) antics one might sometimes perform on a standard 10-hole, so I thought
I might compromise with a 12-hole diatonic. But the Marine 364's tuning, if it's like the 365... and please tell
me if it isn't... has us bending predominately in notes lower than I
care to be in, and sacrificing some of the higher bends/over-blows we
might experience in the higher registers. So again with feeling... What other 12-hole options exist and are
they tuned similarly to the Marine 364? Brad (deserving of a hailstorm of tetanus-infested Jam Bones for his
impudence) Trainham

P.S.
"Predominately"???
What the...???
Ok Often!!  All too Often!! How about that instead?