[Harp-L] Re : Re: Harper(s) who play guitar(s)

Hurricane sez ;
Hey Tom :
http://www.sitekreator.com/havaball/tom_with_washburn__kenny_1979.html That pic of you with that Old Timey Washburn was killer , hows that old guitar play /sound ?

I was in N.H. 3 years ago , man those new England small college towns have some super music stores . I saw several vintage era Washburn guitars like what you have except those did not have anywhere near the looks of the one you have . I should have snagged one while there as they were really reasonably priced , oh well snooze and loose :):
-----

Thanks, bro. That guitar is over 100 years old now. I got it in '69 and still have it. It's a nice instrument -- the ornate detail and inlay are really eye-catching -- but in all honesty I can't say it's terribly functional. Back and sides are Brazilian rosewood so it has a warm presence, but the body is so small -- 0-sized -- that it doesn't really project well, even when miced. I could probably increase it's volume if I went to medium gauge strings, but the top is wafer-thin and the construction and bracing are so light, I'm afraid the thing would literally fold up under the increased tension. So for now at least, it just sits in it's case and gets brought out a few times a year to be drooled over, or for routine maintenance...

Hey, your Camperino stuff sounds fascinating -- I love unusual instrument combinations! Best of luck with it -- I'll keep an ear out for you guys.

cheers & best,
TB