-----Original Message-----
From: harplicks@xxxxxxxxx

I don't
think that was the purpose of what Greg was
describing. In his preface, he clearly stated that
it was a:

"History of the Blues concert. This is a concert
Dave Barrett has been working on with various
people for 3 years."

It sounded to me like this was a concert intended
to showcase the work of specific past masters - as
in, "present their styles" - so that attendees
could listen to and appreciate what came before
them in an accuate context. This was a show, not a
class to get students to mimic masters note for
note.

I don't think "bring out the clones" is at all what
Mr. Barrett's classes are about.