Re: [Harp-L] New or used gear

I don't know if it is of concern to you, but one consideration might also be the investment potential of the amplifer (after all, $2000 is considerable).
I have (2) Sonny Jr's and I love them, so I can vouch for those amps as really great for hearp. Really, really great. However, vintage amplifiers, especially Fenders, are excellent investments. Like real estate, "they just don't make 'em anymore". And they sound great too!

An early to mid 1960's Blackface Fender amp in good condition would be reliable, within budget, cheaper than a tweed, and probably an aggressive earner in value in the upcoming years. That said, I do not have a "large" Fender amp. I do have a 64' Deluxe blackface that has phenomenal cut and almost holds it own against my larger boutique amps. (a top end price for that deluxe would be around $1500. The Reverb versions go much higher).

For $2,000.00 and a little effort, you should be able to find a really great Fender that would appreciate, have phenomenal tone, and crank.

As for boutiques, I go Sonny Jr.

-------------- Original message from Garry Hodgson <garry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>: --------------