[Harp-L] re: Suzuki hammond harmonica

Joe asks:

"hey can anyone tell me about the suzuki hammond harp known as the Ha-20. What kind of music is it for, what does it sound like, explain everything or anything you know about the hammond harp."

It's a Richter diatonic harmonica in the standard tuning, so basically it's good for any of the types of music that you'd use a Marine Band, Lee Oskar or Suzuki Promaster for. Which brings me to the part about the Hammond harp itself, it's basically a reworked Promaster, IIRC. The comb and covers have coatings, paint, whatever which gives them a different color and feel than the Promaster. Other than that, they are basically the same instrument. However, that difference can be significant--I know of at least one person who loves the HA-20 because of the feel of the coating on the covers and yet isn't a huge fan of the Promaster, for instance.

I am quite a fan of the Promaster, a very nice mid-range harp, and while I've never played the Hammond, I would be surprised if it wasn't essentially the same.

Hope this helps.

 ()()    JR "Bulldogge" Ross
()  ()   & Snuffy, too:)
`----'