Re: [Harp-L] Harper(s) Who play guitar(s)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hurricane Ramón" <party_man1@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2007 10:31 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Harper(s) Who play guitar(s)

Hurricane axes :

How many harp playing madmen in this forum also play guitar on stage too ?
Acoustic /electrics and nylon guitars on stage only

I play my Taylor 412CE (slightly smaller) electro acoustic guitar simultaneously with my Hands-Free-Chromatic on a rack which is attached to the guitar.

I have only played my acoustic electric D46SCE steel string so far live and it's been a pure pleasure too .

Double your pleasure, double your fun... play chromatic harmonica while guitar you strum!

Do you play a separate amp for your harp ?

No. I have a two of tiny (lapel) electret mics built in to my harmonica rack, one for the harp and one for my voice. It turns out that two electrets can be connected in parallel and excited by one battery. The two mics AND my guitar output are all mixed by the cable interconnection and transmitted wirelessly to the receiver. In my case, I use a Sennheiser lapel transmitter/receiver and a Roland AC60 amp but any amp can be used.

Because the mics and their wireless transmitter are all attached to the harmonica holder and that is attached to the guitar, everything is included in one unit. I can walk around on stage and out in the audience while harping, picking and singing. Then I can put the guitar on a stand and walk away with nothing around my neck, nothing attached to my belt....completely free and clear of the entire rig.

Because all three sources of audio are mixed and transmitted on one RF channel, I cannot use separate audio effects. Sigh...you can't have everything.

Now all I have to do is learn to play ............................. ;o)

Vern