[Harp-L] re: Space Harmonica

Thanks to Jimmy Gordon for his post about the late Wally Schirra.

I think the fact that the harmonica was the first musical instrument played in space is one of those wonderful little bits of trivia which just shows how much people love the instrument. And I also think it speaks highly of Schirra's character--the comments I heard on the radio yesterday all spoke to how much fun he was to be around, and the harmonica is a fun instrument.

Of course, I shouldn't have been surprised that it was Jimmy, the undisputed master of the mini-harp, who brought this to the lists attention. Thanks, and I wish the best to the Schirra family.

()() JR "Bulldogge" Ross () () & Snuffy, too:) `----'