Re: [Harp-L] ART Tube MP for PA

Quoting BiscuitBoy714@xxxxxxx:

one of these just might keep me from having to spend  big bucks on a tube amp
for guitar too. Has anybody tried playing with one of  these Art Tube MP's
through an electronic amp?

It works well for acoustic guitar and would be a good preamp to add tube warmth for any of the digital amp modeling units being sold. I couple mine sometimes with a Korg modeling unit and then take the out from the Art MP into the PA. Tim Moyer comes to mind as someone who likes to use a tube pre into a solid state power amp.

Your electric guitar sound isn't going to have much hair on it just running straight through the MP unless you're going for a cleaner, jazz guitar tone. If I had a jazz guitar like a 175 or 125 where you want as much of that pure guitar tone as you can get, I could see an MP as a real nice front end unit. I've even run my electric bass through an MP and into the PA on some small gigs.

As noted in earlier posts, you can crank up the volume knob while turning down the gain knob or switch out tubes to get that overdriven tone from the unit.

Ed

Ed Kliman
Producer/Publisher
Texas Music Forge

"Written, musical and electronic communications
   for a changing World..."