Re: [Harp-L] re: Why Brendan Why?

> This is not aimed at anyone in particular, but I often wonder if
> harmonica players don't choose our instrument because we're too cheap
> to shell out for a guitar.
>

>   ()()    JR "Bulldogge" Ross
> ()  ()   & Snuffy, too:)

Woah, woah, woah,,

You must have missed the thread on the deep-seated psychological
implications of having an instrument that is placed in the mouth.

Personally, there are times when a "stealth", or "pocket" instrument is
handy, for "guerilla music offensives",,on the elevator, for instance. I
used to carry my guitar around on my back when I was a teenager. It still
pretty much "brands" a person to have a visible instrument hanging on one's
person as one walks down the street. You get that feeling that everyone is
looking at you, and saying,,"right on,,rock and rolll dude".

And when I used to carry my old upright piano everywhere,,whoah,,my
quadriceps were just off the chart.

And how could one aspire to become a decent "gusser" with, say, a guitar?