[Harp-L] Further reflections on a "favorite key"

In a message dated 5/1/2007 8:06:38 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, bob  writes:

When I'm in the elevator at City Hall, going to the credit union  where my
billions are stashed, I love having a few people in the elevator with
me........ As soon as the doors shut, I whip out one of my harps, and
announce,,"ELEVATOR MUSIC"!!! They then get a sample of my best playing, until I  get off at
the next floor.........snip......................If I had to have  just one
harp,,on a desert island,,hmm,,which one,,,?

Bob, i admire your  lack of inhibition.
  If i had to choose one harp, it would be key of C. One reason  is because a
C harp lies about midway tonally between  the low sound of the G harp and
that of the other extreme, the F#  harp.  It also has a midway type
responsiveness, re amount of breath  required.  Also, because the key of C has no sharps or
flats, it helps  simplify music theory type questions.
  I hope I'm making myself clear.
Ron - FL Keys