Re: [Harp-L] death of live music?

Down here in South Florida, there is a living music culture but it's not
filling extra large rooms except for bands like Sting and The Police etc.

There is a very enthusiastic number of folk and acoustic music afficianados
and there are regular "house-concerts" and several local venues that cater
to that genre.

There are also a number of well regarded Blues venues.  From North to south,
there's the Bamboo Room in Lake Worth, Buzz's Blues Bar in Ft. Lauderdale,
and the world famous Tobacco Road in Miami.  Those places get pretty
crowded, especially when artists like James Cotton show up.  And of course,
Key West is loaded with clubs and live music.

In Central FL besides places like Hard Rock Cafe in Orlando, there is a
vibrant live music area in Mount Dora and in Eustis there's a blues club
downtown.

Hollywood, FL has a thriving cultural area in the downtown district and a
cool little Sushi-Blues Cafe with live music every night.  Good food too!

There are smaller clubs that host live blues around if you know where to
look.
So, if you are looking for live music down here, it's not hard to find.

Even the little bar in Umatilla, which has the karaoke on weeknights, has
live music on weekends.

PEACE
Scott
Believe in Magic!