[Harp-L] death of live music

Hey list,

There seems to be an impression that my original post concerned  mostly blues
& jazz. Not so. What I'm really worried about is the lack  of interest in ANY
live music, including pop, rock, folk, whatever,  that hasn't already been
pounded into the general public's head by  the 'music biz'.

I have some hope that the hippie kids will keep the jam band thing going,
but my experience is that they are somewhat indiscriminating & more  into the
scene than the music, at least in clubs.

Playing covers & golden oldies will always get a band hired - that is  not
what I'm writing about at all. That's not what I want to do. I respect  anyone
getting paid to play music, but around here, those bands are  the ONLY ones
getting paid. The hottest band around here, BY FAR, is an  80's cover band that
packs venues full of college age kids. This band has some  great musicians who
hate what they are doing, but dig the $$$

 I'm wondering where the audience went that digs creativity &  talent.
Especially the younger audience that actually goes out at night.

Later,
Rosco

_may.be  au.gust_ (http://www.maybeaugust.com/)   website

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=1890315
55&s=143441&i=189032015

buy  CDs, sample music:CD Baby: maybe august

_myspace -  www.myspace.com/maybeaugust_ (http://www.myspace.com/maybeaugust)