Re: [Harp-L] death of live music?

Roscoe asked:
> Is the live music scene at the club level dying?
> Are casual  music fans dumbed down to the level of generic hip  hop,
> programmed pop beats, & soul-less country?
> Is it just my  imagination?
> What are y'all seeing?
--No question that's what we're seeing in my area, which is southern West
Virginia and southwest Virginia...I play in two groups, a bluesy rock band
and a duo that plays originals, not so bluesy. There are very few gigs for
the blues group anymore, and the ones my duo plays often don't pay
much;they tend to be coffee houses, resturants and the like. There are
numerous colleges around but when we [group and duo] play at places
frequented by college students, they are generally disinterested...I am
really afraid that the live music scene is indeed dying.
WVa Bob