RE: [Harp-L] EV 605 Cable

From: "Bobby BlackHat" <Bobby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] EV 605 Cable
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 21:11:34 -0400

I just picked up an EV 605.  It came with a kind of stiff gray cable with a
screw on connector.   Does anyone have a recommendation for a replacement
cable?

Bobby

If it's a single conductor type screw on cable, (which you can tell if it has just a single dot of solder on the female connector of the cable, and the same for the male connector on the mic) then the simplest solution is to get a screw-on to 1/4" adaptor for the mic, then just use a good guitar cable if you're plugging into an amp. The easiest type of adaptor to find is the Switchcraft 332a...they are on Ebay all the time. As a matter of fact, our list member Wendell Jenkins sells them on Ebay quite a bit..and I'm sure he could hook you up.

His Ebay handle is Bacon-Fat....

If he reads this...perhaps he can contact you?

~Donnie~

The Ultimate William Clarke Tribute Site
http://www.angelfire.com/blues/williamclarke/index.html

MorTone Microphone
http://www.angelfire.com/music4/mortone/index.html