Re: [Harp-L] I'm not a blues player...

This reminds me of jamming in  Burlington Vermont with a jazz funk kind of
band the summer before last. Those  guys were killer but I can't remember their
name. The guitar player was pretty  much the leader and when I told him that I
thought they sounded like the Dixie  Dregs on a lot of their stuff his eyes
lit up and he cracked a big smile and  said, "You into the Dregs??" After both
of us exclaimed how killer Steve Morse  was in that band we played a blues
kinda funk kinda jazz thing for about 15  minutes in the key of C. The sound man
was good and that F harp cut through the  room like a steam whistle. The
keyboard player took a sax lead, I took a lead,  the guitar player took a lead, we
all took a couple of leads. They were pretty  much an instrumental band
playin' in a bar but it worked for them. Man that  was fun.
         Randy

In a message dated 3/27/2007 6:17:17 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,