Subject: Re: [Harp-L] For Toots Fans...

Winslow clarifies:

"Elizabeth -

They're talking about who played harmonica, not  who wrote the scores  -
at least that's how I took it.

Neither Toots nor William wrote any of the movie scores mentioned  in
the article. However, William played on Baghdad Café and Toots  played
on the others. What the writer missed was Midnight Cowboy, which  Toots
also played on, and which he often plays in live performance. I  have
never heard him play Baghdad Café.

Winslow"

Hi Winslow:  I'm not entirely sure about that, since the  original article
used this phrase referring to Toots:

 ""He also plays excerpts from some of the movie soundtracks  he's famous for
-- ``Bagdad Cafe,'' ``The Getaway,'' ``Jean de  Florette.''"

....so I think Slim, Rupert and I all took it to mean they were  crediting
him with creating the score as well.  Regardless...it's  astonishing they left
out his playing on Midnight Cowboy.  It's  nice that he's feeling better and
back to  performing Live.

I should add that I LOVE William Galison's playing on Calling  You...he also
reprised it by playing behind Barbra Streisand's  version as well in her
beautiful cover of Calling You on The Movie Album  (one of my favourite CD's of
hers)...

Elizabeth

"Message: 12

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601088&sid=aUL8vk8cROBs&refer=muse