Re: [Harp-L] steel reeds

Hi Steve,

I have experimented with some routine things on my prototype: gapping, setting up for overblows, retuning, etc. and it all works fine. Things are a bit different than with brass reeds (but then, all reeds are a bit different form each other). It takes a little more work to remove material for tuning (I use abrasive wands, not files), but basically I am able to successfully do everything to the stainless steel reeds that I've been doing do brass.

Rupert Oysler
www.harprepair.com

Steve Shaw wrote:

Could I ask anyone in the know how easy it would be to work on steel reeds apropos fine-tuning, retuning and gapping? Will my Lee Oskar kit be able to hack it??

I look forward to the first steel-reeded blues harps with plastic combs...

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm