[Harp-L] Re: [HarpTalk] Boss FBM-1 Fender '59 Bassman pedal

In my brief review of the new Boss FBM-1 pedal yesterday, I didn't mention that this device is an amp emulator only. In other words, it doesn't have a built-in delay or reverb, two items that most harp players consider essential.

So if you're taking one of these to a gig, you probably need to take a delay or reverb pedal (or both) along too. You'd need to do that if you were dragging a real amp to the gig, of course, but it's still a bit more work. More expense too, unless you already own a delay and/or reverb pedal.

I did side-by-side comparison of the FBM-1 to my RP200, with the RP running the new patch set I'm developing for the Audix Fireball mic. To my ears the RP sounded better, but the RP is set up with delay and reverb, so the comparison isn't quite fair.

I intend to try the Boss pedal with my electric strumstick soon, and I suspect that it will sound very nice with that instrument.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com
latest mp3s always at http://www.broadjam.com/rhunter