RE: [Harp-L] Need to buy a tuner (was New Hering Diatonic Harp?)

Hi Ron - Sieko makes a great tuner. Try the ST 500, I have a older earlier version and I really like it. Provides both an analog and digital read out of cents sharp or flat, can be adjusted easily to various base frequenicies (440 442 443 etc). Good built in microphone. I don't know what they cost now but I recall paying about $100 for mine (worth every penny).

Regards, Blunt

http://www.seiko-syd.co.jp/music/product/tuner/sat500.html

From: Captron100@xxxxxxx
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Need to buy a tuner (was New Hering Diatonic Harp?)
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 17:54:01 EDT

In a message dated 3/26/2007 4:35:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

I did, however re-tune 5 draw and 9 draw up to 443.  In  second position I
like a brighter sounding flat 7th.

Madcat, my tuners jump around too much and often don't even register the
notes at all. I have a ton of harps that need work and need to buy a different
tuner.
What kind of tuner do u use to enable u to change a reed one cent with
such precision?
ron