Re: [Harp-L] Out of the box vs customising

Thanks for your comment. Been playing for 30+ years as an amateur and strictly blues. I guess that many genres today involve customised harps. Including blues and maybe more typically acid jazz, classical and ethnic styles. From a blues point of view I doubt that Horton, Reed or Harpo ever even heard of or gave a thought to customising. They just played and sounded great. Blues players of today use custom harps which is possibly an added value to their total sound. But you need to have that special something before customising, mikes or amplification makes you sound really good.

Respect,

Harri