[Harp-L] Hering harps

I wrote; blah blah. Just read it, not too well written. The question was intended to say:

If anyone has played both the Hering 1923 Vintage Harp (wood), and the Black Blues Harp (plastic), do they sound the same/nearly same? I notice that Madcat spoke highly of the plastic combed models, so I guess that that should be "good words" enough for them.

My attraction is to the just tuning, but the tone that I get from the Vintage is also growing on me. Another logical question is, is the service life of the wooden (swelling, and such) combed Vintage harp good; in case I decide to go down that road? The question might seem odd, but I currently play Lee Oskars, and they seem to last forever.

Peace and music,
Dave