[Harp-L] Sam Lay

I just got this note from Salli and Gabe Butterfield if anyone is interested.

mike

Dear folks:
It breaks our hearts to bring this news to everyone.

We just got off the phone with Sam Lay.

Legendary Bluesman Sam Lay founding drumer for Howlin' Wolf and for The Paul Butterfield Blues Band, known for his double shuffle style of drumming and more recently as a front man singing and on guitar and his drumming with The Siegel-Schwall Blues Band, went into the hospital last night with the symptoms of a stroke and is undergoing testing.

He phoned us in a very concerned manner this morning from his hospital room and was being transfered to another room at the time he called.

He had several performers that have had to be canceled as a result of this emergency and is very disheartened with that.

We just obtained permission from him to release this information.

We thought everyone would like to know and we are hoping that everyone will Please Send Get Well Cards and Lots of Love to:

Mt Sinai Hopsital
Patient: Sam Lay (RM 506)
1500 South California Ave
Chicago, IL 60608