From: rlaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 2:52 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] But when it comes right down to it,,

I think what bothers me the most about the harp player is how much he reminds me
of myself, trying my best to achieve recognition. Maybe it's because he's
standing, when the rest of the band is sitting. Who knows.

Again,,I think in listening to the old blues masters, it seems that they just
play the music, sing, and get out of the way. It's not so much a vehicle for
them to get noticed as it is them providing a vehicle for the music. There's not
so much of this modern-day compulsion to mention who played what, etc.

Just a personal observation.

It's about the music.