[Harp-L] Re: Best harmonica songs ever!

This kind of listing your favorites is frustrating and fascinating at the same time. How to select the "best" from hundreds of great harp songs and dozens of players? But when push comes to shove, here goes top 5:

All time best: Walter Horton - Hard Hearted Woman; Seemingly simple but really challenging if you want to do it the way        Shakey did it.

Runner-up: Sonny Boy Williamson - Trust My Baby; A professional harp player once said that this song is so perfect that nobody should try to cover it.

Also excellent: Little Walter - Oh Baby; Widely covered catchy song with nice backing by Myers, Lockwood, Dixon and Below.

Brilliant cover: William Clarke - Deal The Cards; Johnny Young original taken to new spheres with Bill's hypnotic playing and haunting vocals.

True Chicago: Junior Wells - It's My Life Baby, Recorded live in the mid sixties in a Chicago blues club with excellent guitar delivered by Buddy Guy.

Harri