Re: [Harp-L] beginner gear?

In a message dated 3/5/2007 12:01:44 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
rickindavis@xxxxxxxxx writes:

      I saw those Johnson Laraedo tube amps  yesterday. I wondered about them
too. The thing about the Epiphone amp is I like  the idea of having onboard
affects as well as tubes. Anybody have any experience  with these amps. I am on
a very tight budget right now but working with a guitar  player finally on my
originals and cover blues tunes, so's I'm gonna need  something very soon.
There's a 25 watt Epiphone tube amp on E Bay in Mount  Sterling KY, I could get
my cousin to go look at it I suppose. No effects but  more power than the new
one I was talking about yesterday. The guy wants like  265 for it. Can those
tubes be upgraded on any of these amps?

Johnson  Laredo tube  amp
http://www.instrumentalley.com/Johnson-JA-T25-R-Laredo-Tube-Guitar-Amplifier-p
/ja-t25r.htm