Re: [Harp-L] beginner gear?

"46long Blake" <46long@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey, folks. I was just asked by a relative beginner (can play a little -
> single notes, bend a little, knows a couple blues moves) who is really eager
> to get an amp and mic.
inependant of my other answer, richard hunter has written lot about this
on his site, with 3 (?) sample rigs for varying situations.

personally, i think you can get a lot of mileage out of a digitech 150/250
and an audix fireball into a PA or keyboard amp.  this viewpoint inspired
by one of richard's suggested configurations.  when your venue has a PA,
you travel light, with everything fitting nicely in a laptop case.  if not, add
your keyboard amp and you're good to go.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

do for others with no desire of return.
we should all plant some trees
we will never sit under.