Re: [Harp-L] beginner gear?

I would seriously suggest staying away from amps and mics for a while.
That's probably not the most popular answer or the one that your looking for
but gear can discourage someone who's not ready for it.

Just my thoughts,
Scooter

Hey, folks. I was just asked by a relative beginner (can play a little -
single notes, bend a little, knows a couple blues moves) who is really eager
to get an amp and mic. I'm sure this has been discussed ad-nauseum, but as
I don't want to turn her over to the sharks at the big box music stores,
could any of you kind people quickly suggest a harp-friendly beginner's
setup? This will be used for in-home practice and fun for the forseeable
future. My guess is that she'd like to stay within the $200-$400 range
total. Thanks!

- Blake