Re: [Harp-L] Diaphram vibrato

i think that the epiglotis flips back and forth to keep you from inhaling your beer....i think the throat fluctuates to change from bugle to trumpet and on to the flute and picilo, but you need to tune your ear to the fluctuations, like pickin up and down from the hole,,,,hey thats what i think   joe g

Michael Rubin <rubinmichael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  I also fall into the category of clueless about diaphram vibrato.

I have met many people who claim to have it, but when I ask to see their stomach while they do it, it is clear that it is regular throat vibrato. I have met around 10 people who move their diaphram and it sounds horrible.

I have met around two people with pro sounding vibratos that I would not trade for my throat vibrato and just last week I saw Adam Gussow's You Tube where he shows his stomach and it sounded great, although I really didn't hear that much difference between that and his throat vibrato, but it did sound great. I emailed Adam via You Tube to explain it, because he did not really go into the hows of it. Perhaps he will go into more detail.

I really don't understand what you are talking about with the epiglotis. Perhaps I don't really know what the epiglotis is or how to manipulate it. I often notice that I learn better with one on one lessons where talking is involved, as opposed to reading. If anyone would be willing to do a phone or webcam lesson, I am willing to either pay or trade a lesson.

Email me offlist.
Thanks,
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com