[Harp-L] Re: Blues Cruises 2007, 2008, and on and on . .

I'm late on this thread, but it should go all year 'round: The Legendary Rhythm & Blues Cruise is the best musical event of the year, in the Blues/R&B range of flavors, at least.

As for Jazmaan, superlatives fail me.  "Best" will have to do, it's as good as it gets.

The LRBC sails twice a year, in January from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, in October from San Diego, CA.

 Consider: A seven-night cruise with roughly 1500 passengers all of whom share a love for Blues/R&B, many of whom are extremely good players themselves  -  plus about 300 of the best Blues/R&B players in the world and the best production crew and gear anywhere.  On a top-flight laid-back Dutch-flagged luxury cruise ship with fine food, room service and friendly crew.

 The stars and side players vie for these slots, because it's the choice gig of the year (at least for those who can hack the sea, sorry!)  Some even pay to come if they don't get hired!

 EVERY musician, including every star and band member I've spoken with who's gigged on the LRBC since I started in 2004 has unhesitatingly said it's the best, most fun, and stimulating gig of the year, and it's a whole week!

 Wouldn't you want to be there to enjoy it, to share it with them?

 Jazmaan and I, like everyone else who's gone, have great stories to tell of witnessing, sometimes even joining in, combinations of rarely-seen-together world-class players having the time of their life, often in a small lounge with a few people watching.  And sometimes on stage with hundreds of dancing happy people, or at pro-am jams where you can find yourself in a dream-band!

 It's not cheap, but it's not that expensive, when you do the math: $2000 per person for seven days and nights (two berth cabins.  With more in a cabin it can go as low as 1500 each.)

 This includes full room and board (I bring my own wine)   Thus about $300 per day.  Sounds high?  Subtract $100 per night for lodging (shared 2-berth cabin with full room service and a trip to exotic lands), $100 for three or four or five or more really good meals each day, and pay $100 bucks each day for attending essentially a 24 hour private festival, hearing, dancing to, mingling with and even playing with the pros you've admired for decades.  EACH DAY!

 What's that worth?  What else you gonna do with your money?  Hell, get a verandah room and live it up, you will never forget your luck at being there!

 And if you mention my name, I'll kick-back the $50 referral fee!

 -Dave Fertig