[Harp-L] Vibrato Technique

As a three year player who has heard lots about vibrato and the way to create a deep, melodious one using my diaphragm, I would like to challenge explanations I have been given with my own conclusions, and wait to get torn apart. Simply, it has been explained to me that the diaphragm is the key to a deep vibrato. I believe this, but it has historically been described to me in isolation. I believe, for me anyway, that the only way to get a good diaphragmatic vibrato is to use it to create a "back pressure", or area of "negative pressure", using your epiglotis. In isolation one can argue that it is all about the diaphragm, and to create such a "negative pressure", it is. The problem I have is that I can use my diaphragm, that big muscle for prolonged periods, but generally only in one direction or the other. I certainly can't "vibrato" it. To try and do a deep, rhythmical vibrato from the diaphragm with a completely relaxed throat and mouth is damn near impossible. I am persistent though, so if enough people convince me of the error of my ways, I will conquer this diaphragm issue, if in fact it is the way to go. So, in conclusion, in my narrow and short experience, I believe the vibrato is a combination of a "negative pressure" created with the epiglotis being somewhat closed, or modulated, whilst the diaphragm creates the "negative pressure" which pulses the air through the harp. At the same time, it is the interaction of the epiglotis and the base of the tongue that creates the bends, or partial bends which embellishes the vibrato and gives it it's classic aural signature. If in fact it does not involve the epiglotis, but does have the characteristic bends, how can you do that with a fixed, relaxed throat position, and have simply the airstream modulated in intensity through the instrument, with the diaphragm?Surely this would pulse volume, but not create the bends.
OK, I'm ready for the heat.
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia