[Harp-L] Re: Air Harmonica

After some more experimentation I find that I can play a kind of crude "air harmonica".   I think
my deficiencies compared to "air saxophone" stem from the fact that when I play real harmonica,  I
devote no conscious thought to the number of the hole I'm playing or the name of the note.
Perhaps I should.

On sax I know how to finger an F# for instance.   But if you hand me a C harp and say play an F#,
I would have to fumble around a bit while I mentally calculate where that note should be.   And if
you said "play an F#7 arpeggio starting on the 7th and going down" on a C harp, I would be totally
befuddled, while on the sax it would be no problem, either with a real sax or an "air sax".

So I imagine that some of the better players out there may indeed be able to play an accurate "air
harmonica", especially the chrom players.