[Harp-L] Re: Subject: Re:JOHNNY PULEO and the HARMONICA GANG on You Tube/Bud Boblink

I'm glad to hear it. I know he and his group did a tour that included Singapore. Great guy.

-------------- Original message from EGS1217@xxxxxxx: --------------

Nonidesign mentions Bud Boblink: (snipped) "I live in the same area of Northwest Indiana as Bud Boblink, a harmonica player from that tradition,  and just happened to see him at a local fair a couple of years ago. He was set-up under a small canopy on the grounds away from the main stage playing his harmonicas, making balloon animals for the kids, doing magic tricks, cracking jokes, and giving a small crowd of maybe fifteen people a great time. The kids (of the video game generation) were enthralled. They absolutely loved it. He was a player, a performer, and most importantly an entertainer. His outgoing personality and easy going demeanor were so endearing as to seem unreal.  It wasn't.  He is a genuinely nice person who was plying his trade with great skill and working the audience "like ya read about, bubby".

...Bud's still VERY much a part of SPAH.  He was immensely popular with the audiences at the last couple of conventions I attended (SPAH & the previous Buckeye) ...and I was quite taken with his musicianship and the whole of his act, not having known much about him beforehand...and I've never been one who much enjoyed overly vaudevillian schtick.  Somehow Bud Boblink makes it musical and a LOT of fun on the harmonica...while completely endearing himself to the audience.  Everyone seems to love him at SPAH.

Elizabeth