Re: [Harp-L] teacher's jam from Rockin in the Rockies

In a message dated 6/20/2007 12:28:00 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

teacher  jam from Rockin in the Rockies.

Michael Rubin
Jason  Ricci
Moi

This is as much blues as you'll ever hear from me.   It's just not my thing
so apologies in  advance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL6Z8zYyh8o

Too bad, as the blues playing is pretty cool. Out of all these 3 players,
Chris stabs with shorter ideas, plays space between them and works these shorter
 ideas out in the form of theme and variation. Take note when he brings the
back-up band down early on in the jam. There is one point where, at least to
me,  he is begging the band to join him on an accent at the end of a phrase
that he  plays a few times. Too bad they didn't pick up on that. This is where
true  communication between musicians lives.

Larry