[Harp-L] Delay Pedal Option

  From: Paul Routledge <kingley@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] The Best Delay Pedal

I use a Boss DD3 for delay. But I only use it occasionally because to
my ear it sounds very cold.
I am looking for something warmer.
I have heard that analog is better than digital. True or False?
I was wondering what everybody else uses?

Paul
www.kingleyharp.co.uk

  Hi Paul,

  I have owned a older Ibanez AD-9 (Analog Delay), a Maxon AD-9 (bigger bucks and has true by-pass); which were stolen. I could detect a slight difference in sound between the two pedals when AB'd.
  I replaced them with a new reissue Ibanez AD-9 that I bought from Robert Keeley Electronics with mods that include true-bypass.The pedals haven two output jacks: a dry out and a out with the delay effect; so it can operate as a splitter. The Keeley modded Ibanez AD-9 was 189 and shipping, so true bypass and some mods for a lot less then the Maxon AD-9.
  I use tube amps and no reverb.
  I have used the pedal with a tube preamp into the house PA and it worked fine It has a wide enough range for the playing I do, mostly blues oriented.

  http://www.robertkeeley.com/product.php?id=39

  Apparently, they are backordered.

  Regards,

  BB