Re: [Harp-L] music and perception

In a message dated 6/13/2007 7:37:44 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
billhines4@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

My vinyl  is still mostly well cared for, but old
so I'm sure a lot of the bad stuff  Ken talked about (great post!) has
happened to them. Maybe the folks were  hearing the hiss, crackle, and
pop, ha. Now that brings back  memories!

Some artists are adding the hiss, crackle and pop to their CD releases to
give it that vintage sound - Portishead being one of them. Never thought I'd get
 nostalgic about this sound.