Re: [Harp-L] Searching for (half-) valved players, and an introduction

--- Larry Marks <larry.marks@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Fellow harmonica types,
>
> I just recently heard of both SPAH and this list. I have been lurking
>
> for a while and searching the archives, but have found little on
> (half-)
> valved diatonics, which I like to play. I am hoping to find others
> who
> are similarly inclined.

 <rest snipped>

PT Gazell is someone currently recording and gigging with half-valved
diatonics. I believe he's present on this list and perhaps on Harptalk
and bluegrassharp (both Yahoo groups) as well. I know he and other have
discussed half-valving on this list (with Ultrasuede as a valve
material)

Iron Man Mike Curtis used to be a strong presence on this list. He's
one of those everything-on-a-half-valved-C-Harp guys. I played with him
at a house party in Southern California once. He played racked harp,
guitar, and bass pedals, with maybe a drum machine. Mike has a few CDs
out and his presence in the archives will yield to a search.

Winslow

in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.