[Harp-L] '59 Bassman LTD set up

I have just purchased a '59 Bassman LTD. Big sounding amp!

I was wondering if anyone give me some advice on the best volume / tone settings to use and which tube set up you think is best for it.

At the moment I have in the stock tubes with the exception of a 12AY7 in the far right preamp slot (looking from the back of the amp).

I am running a Boss DD3 into it as well sometimes. Usually I plug my mic into channel 1 normal lead from channel 2 normal into the DD3 then out from the DD3 into channel 1 Bright.

Mics I am using are either an Astatic JT30 with MC151, or a JT30 with a Shure Black Label CR.
I also have an EV605 and Shure 545SD, but I figure the bullets will sound better with the Bassman?

Regards

Paul Routledge
www.kingleyharp.co.uk