[Harp-L] Re :Tube Amp Head

Excerpt .

Special20 axed about tube amps:

I have a 4x speaker cab I like and I'm thinking of getting a tube amp head in the 30-45 watt range to drive it. I play blues harp with a bullet mic, kinda ragged, so I need some tube overdrive distoriton.

Hurricane sez :

I don't own any of these units ( except the JBL speakers ) mentioned below or get a thing from anyone for what I write on these things ..

So w'dat outta de way .......

Many friends have made a point of these amps .

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-So-Cal-50-Watt-Amp-Head?sku=480289

A Fender tube anything near the 50 watt range is gonna cost ya your left cuticle .

If your just going to jam alone at home a smaller watt 15 to 25 should sound super on those 4x?s :) , 10s will sound sweet ,12's will make your amp work harder unless your pumping 50 to 60 watts .

I have a group of JBL 8" speakers that I'm considering using for a 4x8" cabinet set up , I think it's gonna sound super in the studio for guitars and harps , but that's for another email .

Some friends are getting the 5 watt :

http://cgi.ebay.com/Epiphone-Valve-Jr-Tube-Amp-Head_W0QQitemZ190119066242QQihZ009QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and using it as a pre amp to drive a larger solid state ( cheaper ) x-tor guitar amp with super results with out the super price tags .

ART has a little tube pre amp that's cool as well hooked up to a larger amp / P. A . and is dirt cheap at $43.99 @ Musiciansfriend .

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ART-Tube-MP-Professional-Mic-PreampProcessor?sku=484020

" Harp Commanders " hooked in a similar manner can't loose as a cost effective  bang for de buck . A Meteor or a SonnyJr. Tubeamp Head would be

" Mana "

>From Harp Heaven ,

I've salivated over owning one of those set ups  myself many a time after seeing and hearing one wail away live .  Harp Commanders and or the tube amps Ron Holmes makes are also a consideration too .

Good hunting heh heh , I'm always on the lookout of for a super dooper toober amp . Had a few and love em , have some now and still am looking for the next step in a tube amp .

Some times the search is more fun than the find .

Sincerely :

Hurricane Ramon

Aka :

Party_Man1@xxxxxxxxxx