Re: [Harp-L] Funk Vocab C D Eb E G A C

Rick -

Sorry. I was referencing a statement made by the previous poster, and
that made my statement unclear when read first.

Let me restate clearly.

The A blues scale, first mode:

A C D Eb E G

The A blues scale, second mode:

C D Eb E G A

These two modes are commonly combined, using the second mode as tonal
center (C in this instance).

Winslow

--- Rick Dempster <rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Winslow;
>               How is this the 'second mode' of the A blues scale? It
> looks to me like a standard pentatonic blues scale with the added
> flat
> fifth (hexatonic? sexatonic?) If that's the second, what's the first?
> RD

> This is the second mode of the A blues scale:
>
> A C D Eb E G
>
> If we center it on C we get:
>
> C D Eb E G A

<rest snipped; refer to the original post>

The fish are biting.