Mandatory harp content: I just got Hohner Super 64 Chromatic yesterday and stayed up until 2am playing it, so my sentences may be a little less than coherent today. I love it! You Harp-L guys & gals inspire and inform the heck ouf of a fellow!

From: "Tim Moyer" <wmharps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Free Jazz Handbook Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 12:18:35 -0000

and Roger A Gonzales wrote:
> You can't really be serious about this statement.  The best Jazz
> players in the world used books to study from.

Come on, guys!  Free jazz is a purely improvisational form generally
seen as disgarding the "rules" of conventional jazz, including set
chord changes, tempo, key signatures, and other structures (listen
to Ornette Coleman): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_jazz

If it has a "handbook" it's almost NOT free jazz by definition!
It's a JOKE!

-tim