[Harp-L] Audix Fireball V mic

Anyone have any comments on the Audix Fireball V mic? This is the newer Fireball with the volume control.

  I understand that its cleaner than typical harp mics - this is why I'm interested in it. I often play with a vocal mic into an amp (with impedance transformer of course).

  I'm interested in the Audix because its smaller than a typical vocal mic. I don't like the long shape of the vocal mic when playing. It appears that the Audix will be easier to hold.

  How about the tone of this mic compared to standard mics like SM57 or 58?

  How does it play cupped? How about open-air on a stand?

  Any other info would be appreciated. Thanks.

  Jim McBride

TV dinner still cooling?