Re: [Harp-L] re: another great BLUES harmonica player worthy of wider

In a message dated 6/3/2007 10:53:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jaguire@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

i have  read on harp-l from those who wonder how many
more harp players and bands  do we need playing exact copies of (sic) odbgs
songs.  well, count me  in because i would be absolutley delighted to go see
that 4 piece do their  thing in some  joint for a couple hours.

There is magic about this combination of LW harmonica sound along with a
band THAT REALLY KNOWS HOW TO PLAY THIS STYLE AND SUPPORT THE HARMONICA. Somehow
this band doesn't sound like an exact copy - it sounds more like a real deal.

Someone else mentioned that in order for blues harmonica to sound this
fresh, it is on the band to surround it with a proper accompaniment. Small amps,
small drum kit, sparse and light on the guitar, simple and direct on the bass
tell the tale. These guys sound like a band playing in a corner of a small
local  bar on Maxwell Street in the day. No mic'ing the drum kit, no Stevie Ray
on the  guitar, relaxed attachment to a single groove - room for the music to
breathe.  I'd love to see these guys retain this attitude and play on a larger
stage  w/BOSE L1 sound reinforcement to fill out the room.

The Iceman