Re: [Harp-L] Comment about appreciation of art (music)

Tim Moyer wrote:
Music, in a way is like a joke:

Very apt and the stuff people don't get is like an in joke. Lots of jazz is about the musical puns. Some of this stuff takes a lot of context to get. In a way this can be one of the wonderful things about certain forms of music. An understanding out of the blue from a musical piece you've known and loved for years. What do I know anyhow? I actually like opera. fjm