Re: Subject: [Harp-L] Looking for new inspiration

Chris, I've seen you post this kind of thing before, but the question is HOW
do you do that? How do you find the best position for playing a tune? I"ve
toyed around with writing a program that takes any tune and figures out the
tab for it in all positions and then suggests the ones that are most
"natural" to the instrument (ie fewest bends/obs in the most naive
conception of the program).

But for us underlings who aspire to your apparent talent/gift for the
instrument (and yes, I know you've practiced the bejesus out of the thing,
but don't kid yourself or us by claiming that you're not gifted), can you
give us some heuristics? I'm sure in your experience you can play/hear a
tune and have a general idea of what position it might play/sound best in.
Is there a charge for that information? Who knows, we might be willing to
pay it. :-)