Re: [Harp-L] overblow-friendly & Thanx to Fernando

I kept hearing about that Overblow  site and never checked it out until now.
Thanx Fernando. I have to admit that  every time I read about yooz guys doing
those overblows and overdraws it makes  me wonder if I'm not so far behind
that I'll never catch up. I've been playing a  long time and up until now felt
pretty good about my abilities. I can draw bend  all the right notes and blow
bend all but the 10 hole with impunity, I get the  10 about half of the time so
I stay away from it unless it is absolutely  necessary, but these overblows
are like the mythical Holy Grail to me. I've  found that I can play the blues
licks that everybody else does most of the time,  but man, I'm not even sure if
I know what an overblow sounds like. I have this  dial up computer service and
can't download the sound bites that have the  overblows on them. Can anybody
tell me what they are supposed to sound like.  I've been playing around with
it by bending the draw note and then keeping that  embouchure to blow and I
THINK I have it but.....................can't teach an  old dog new tricks I
reckon.

       By the way Fernando, congrats on your  achievements, and I'm glad
you're getting where you wanna go. You'll be missed  by me, and I'll always
remember the pro treatment you showed me, even tho I'm  not really a "name" in the
industry.

              Randy
         BiscuitBoy Blues

In a message dated 7/30/2007 2:56:49 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,