Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 14:21:09 +0100
From: "Jim Broughton" <jim.broughton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] DIY Amphenol mod to Green Bullet - advice please
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

I've a Green Bullet that I've been using for years. Originally a 520D; now
retro-fitted with a nice 70s white label CM. I cut the lead down to a
rat-tail and use it with a Planet Waves circuit breaker guitar lead, so I
have an on/off switch. Last gig, it started to crackle and pop horribly
through my bassman and I was forced to go to my backup 545 mic.
Investigating last night, I found thecable's shield which was acting as the
earth was all broken up inside the tension relief spring.

I've rewired it and it works fine, but it got me wondering about adding an
amphenol connector - like on a JT-30 - and using an amphenol to 1/4"
adapter. Seems like a more permanent solution (although it did take 15 years
for this cable to break!) I've seen custom mics with mod done and I was
wondering how easy it would be. Do I need to drill the casing? Adapt the
connector somehow before fitting it? I know Keith Graham at the JT-30 store
has the part I need, I'd just like some advice from anyone who's done this
before.

Thanks

Jim