Fw: [Harp-L] Jason Ricci with horns

----- Original Message ----- From: "James" <wasabileo@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Garry Hodgson" <garry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2007 4:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Jason Ricci with horns

Thank you for that information and the web site. Sometimes I go to a Jazz jam at the little coffee house in town. There is this upright bass player who is very flexible and its great when you can do tunes like "Autumn Leaves" and "Things ain't what they use to be" and mix them into a blues set.
This bass player can do everyithng from Charles Mingus to Willie Dixon.
Mind you, I am no Jason Ricci but the concept of playing with horns intrigues me. We have had harp players backed with horn sections but to actually interplay : there is incredible potential
Anyone remember the early Toots Thieleman recordings with Pepper Adams? great stuff ----- Original Message ----- From: "Garry Hodgson" <garry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>