[Harp-L] Re: Delay Pedal (an update)

Apropos of the recent cheap delay pedal discussion I'll add another
candidate to the list.  The Johnson FX-300 analog delay is $61.99
retail list.  It's supposed to sound like a tape echo.  Just 4 knobs,
echo length, repeats, dry/tape mix and distortion.  We were recording
today and the studio owner who is also a harmonica player invited me
to try out this delay.  It's intuitive to use.  I had a sound I loved
in less than 30 seconds.  It worked great through a tweed Princeton
and a 545.  No tone roll off in bypass or delay mode.  I have an
Echoplex and this pedal sounds a lot like an Echoplex.  I liked this
delay a whole bunch more than the 5 times as expensive Maxxon unit.
I"m going to buy one and I think I'll be ditching my Midiverb.  I like
this better and it's a lot smaller.  I'll miss my pseudo Leslie sound
but I think I'll go try the Line 6 Leslie pedal instead of hauling
around the rackmount Alesis.  Maybe the Ibanez or the Boss would sound
better but I don't think so.  This is a great delay for little money
and I won't worry about anyone stealing it.  By the way I was prepared
to hate this thing and I tried it reluctantly but I was very
pleasantly surprised by how much I liked the Johnson.  fjm